Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 90: Finish 4th Novel

Since I was less than active from a night of debauchery the day found me mostly in bed. Therefore,  I was able to complete my fourth book from the summer. The book Honolulu really wasn’t that well written but presented an interesting story and even more interesting insight into the Korean culture. The rules of Confucianism dominated this culture;  it is a very male dominated society where simply being born female is a curse and source of shame for many. I have read four novels since school let out. I am now reading The Good Earth. I am determined to continue reading when school begins. I think the sting/pain of summer ending might be alleviated if I try to continue doing things I enjoy.  I want to still make time for reading, going to the beach, spending time with my kids, and having fun. Work shouldn’t be the end to living. I am going to try to do both.


No comments:

Post a Comment