Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 65: Stop my Baby Maker

Today I began a procedure of permanent birth control. It wasn’t a hard decision having brought into this world two very healthy, beautiful,  intelligent and precious children.  I also have the pleasure of being a step mother to another two amazing kids. So with four kids between us, we felt sure that our family is complete. However, it was a bitter sweet moment to think that chapter of my life is permanently over. I have found more joy and fulfillment in motherhood than any other aspect of my life. It is truly my reason for being.  But babies are loud, messy, expensive and demanding and not something I want in my 40’s unless I can return them to their mother.  So I was thirty minutes early for my appointment.
The kids and a the hubs

No comments:

Post a Comment