Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 69: Create My Commandments

I finished compiling my all time favorite quotations into what I will now refer to as “My Commandments.” These are all from artists and thinkers that have influenced me profoundly.

1.      Dismiss whatever insults your own soul. Walt Whitman

2.      Simplify, Simplify. Our life is frittered away by detail. Henry David Thoreau

3.      Laugh Often and Much. Ralph Waldo Emerson

4.      Imitate Jesus and Socrates. Ben Franklin

5.      Be the change you want to see in the world. Ghandi

6.      The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences. Eleanor Roosevelt

7.      Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. Yeats.

8.      The last of human freedoms- to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s way. Viktor Frankly

9.      Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

10.  Changes in latitude, changes in attitude, nothing remains quite the same… if we couldn’t laugh we’d all go insane. Jimmy Buffet

11.   Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. Mark Twain

12.    Practice non judgment. Take time each day to be silent, to just be.  Chopra

13.    Don’t be afraid to be happy. Enjoy what is beautiful. Love with all your heart and soul. Believe that those you love, love you. SH Payer

14.    Life is a self fulfilling prophecy.

15. If I had my life to live over again, I would have sat cross legged in the grass and not worried about grass stains... Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment