Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 80: Get a massage


I hate pedicures. I think it is painful, time consuming, overpriced, and ridiculous. I don’t like the  mindless chatter, the awkward silence,  or the outdated magazine pile.  I don’t get the  inevitable framed posters of long red nails holding a rose or a saxaphine held by mysteriously pink colored fingers. I never know what to say when I walk in and I never know what to tip.  And finally,  the ancestor worship station really gives me the creeps especially when I see a half of a pack of cigarettes lying beside a smoking incense.  In short, I would rather have a pap smear than a pedicure. But,  I will spend my last dollar on even a bad massage. So today, I treated myself to a one hour back massage.  Because it had been a while, there were some knots to attend to. Other than that, it was an hour of bliss. This rather large seemingly of Russian decent masseuse treated my body like a pile of pizza dough. I left  with a new awareness of  how fast an hour could actually go by- naked toes and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment