Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 74: Just say No

I was unable to complete any major  task today because of the drugs I had taken. I had the second part of my procedure (Essure) today and this required a rather healthy supply of  meds. Much more powerful than the occasional Tylenol I take when I have a cold.  Sometime during this recovery period, my supervisor telephoned to ask if I could possibly help with testing, to which I responded “I can’t answer right now because I am too F*$#ed  up! ” I then went on to explain to her that I was very high  from drugs and was incapable of making any type of decisions.  Fortunately, my dear friend was present to call her back and explain my bizarre and most unprofessional reply. I learned that when I am undergoing any type of procedures that require pain meds, it is better to not accept phone calls from work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment