Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 207: Extreme Couponing

Armed with an envelope full of coupons, I entered the grocery store prepared for monumental victory. I had near me two eager 10 yeard olds to scout out the products and deliver the goods. Our first stop was the baking aisle where we secured a variety of Martha White goods which I vowed to try for the first time. Our excitement could no longer be contained when we realized we were getting blue berry muffin mix for only 50 cents! Imagine the decline of our spirits when we had to pass on  Purina dog chow for  $3 (with our coupon and store clearance) because we just don't have a dog. With a rekindled spirit, we marched to the cracker aisle where we matched our coupons with more than a half dozen cracker brands. I reminded my young assistants that it matters not what we don't normally eat stoned ground peppercorn thins, the only thing that matters is the price. I knew we couldnt have a repeat of the Purina episode.  It was finally time to check out, and see our hard work materialize in a numerical savings. After some time, and the sweet delivery of coupons, I walked out of the grocery store with a savings of $13 and more crackers, muffin mix, and canned biscuits than will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment