Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

When I began this project I was a year away from turning 40. I set out to complete a list of adventures, to do's, dares, tasks, challenges so I could end my 4th decade with a sense of accomplishment. After several months, I had ridden a horse up a mountain in North Georgia, milked cows, painted, written, danced, planted, and even sang. This living deliberately was enriching my life in a way I never imagined. I found myself becoming more open to the endless opportunities the universe offers  to help us grow. Ultimately, the blog became secondary and the habits I was creating became intrinsic. Now I am almost a year into being 40. And its almost cliche to say I LOVE IT.  I love the keen sense of awareness that I have inherited. I love the understanding I have of the world that I gained from cutting my teeth on life's very rough edges. In my 20's, I could never have fully understood gratitude. I was too busy wanting more. I didn't take time to relish in life's blessings because I was always in a hurry. I never took time to embrace the unconventional because I was so concerned about fitting in. Now,  I am going to resurrect this blog. It will still be 365 days. However, it is no longer a count down to some ominous end. It is a daily reminder to take chances and embrace each day. I will share my daily attempts to live with purpose and deliberation at 40, 41...

1 comment:

  1. Your mom and I are thinking of you sitting side by side Ina bar in Paris at Le Temps des Cerises! So glad to see you writing again, we missed it!

    ReplyDelete