Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 200: Slow Down

Because of an unexplained fever, Zach and I were home again today. Fortunately, he showed no signs of illness. Following my own advice to eschew house work, I let Zach dictate the course of the day. So naturally, after a trip to Big Lots, we were the proud owners of a 8 foot penguin. Once we returned home, we unpacked the new addition and brought him to life. This resulted in a series of wild screams and cheers from us both as the pile of plastic took shape and grew taller. We then went to McDonald's for a much deserved lunch. It took us some time to actually go in-  as we had to investigate the motorcycle parked by the door and the nearby newspaper machine. Later, we watched a few episodes of Curios George and played with "Bumpy Bump." This is the Humpty Dumpty toy that comes with the Happy Meal.
On this 200th day of my "project" I was grateful to have some time to be home and slow down. Since school started I seem to have been so "busy." This extra time reminded me not to let work/errands  get in the way of living. We are all responsbile for the pace we set in our lives, and after a day like today, I am making an effort to slow it down. Life is more meaningful when you take time to seek out penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment