Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 179: Go on a long walk with Zach

We covered a short distance in a very long time. There were frequent stops to pick up rocks. I watched him stare in amazement at the shadows that were beginning to line the street. He liked when our shadow hands held hands, and so did I.  He has trouble understanding why there is a plastic fork in the road. He decided to put it in his pocket to take home. On this outing it is Zach that teaches me a few important lessons. He teaches me that the world is so full of wonder if you just pay attention. I learn that the most valuable treasures aren’t always in a store. Zach proves to me that sometimes we should stop along the way and observe what we see. And most importantly, I learn there is nothing more important that spending time with people you love.

1 comment:

  1. Ansley and Zach have both taught me much about life. Maybe lessons I learned as a parent and forgot, nevertheless, I am happy to be reminded of some important tips about living-slow down, see, spend time wisely, say what is important, share happily, and stay centered in the present second.
    Thanks Zach and Ansley for being MY teacher.

    ReplyDelete