Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 30: Write a letter to a State Representative

There was to be deliberation on a bill this week that I was particularly interested in (no need to elaborate,) so I contacted my local representative and voiced my opinion. This is not a monumental task for many people,  but I don't even vote. I can hardly call myself an activist. In fact, I'm not even that opinionated on most current issues. I rarely, if ever, take part in discussions related to politics or national affairs.  I take comfort in a blind faith that all those involved in running our country generally have the American people in mind. And that's good enough for me. However, one of my larger goals is to get more involved in my community in a variety of capacities including awareness. So I write my letter, certain that "change is going to come."

No comments:

Post a Comment