Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 13: Attend Ansley's Dance Recital



It was without a doubt the most beautuful, awe inspiring, flawless, and touching performance I have ever attended. Tears filled my eyes as I watched her glide across the stage so effortlessly. I loved the confidence and joy that radiates from her when she dances. She will soon be grown and I think as I watch her so talented and so very graceful, as cliche as it is, where has the time gone? Where is my chubby infant that I adorned with smocked dresses and bows? Where is my bashful toddler who I carried on my hip for her first four years? Where is my toothless first grader that hid rocks, cats, and candy wrappers under her bed? She is still very much a child but watching her so natural, so self assured and jubilant  on the stage, I saw momentraily the woman she will one day be. And I think to myself, I have done a good job.

3 comments:

  1. I love her so much!
    Your last two posts are touching.
    I'm glad you didn't let an annoyed bookkeeper slow you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am her as you are her, as you are me. we are all together. Lucky we are, each of us, to know, have, and appreciate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job!! She's an awesome girl.

    ReplyDelete