Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 141: Spend the afternoon on the back porch

Normally, I spend Sundays doing a variety of chores to prepare for the upcoming week. today, I took a magazine and a glass of lemonade to the back porch and enjoyed the weather. I read an article about giving praise and compliments. Following the directions in the article, I began to send text messages to my friends (who receive texts- sorry mom and Carrie) with compliments. The responses I got in return made me realize that clearly, I don't compliment enough. After telling Kristen she is a great cook, I received this message: "was this meant for me." Marilyn responded with a "Huh?"  A new lesson: out of context compliments confuse and bewilder friends.

1 comment:

  1. So funny! I enjoyed my compliment and all of them I get from you!

    ReplyDelete