Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 63: Milk a cow



Completed number 43 on my list of things to do: I milked a cow.  And as an added bonus I fed a donkey wheat bread that thanked me by producing a very loud fart.  The proprietor of this cattle farm, Marlon, didn’t waste much time with instructions  or warnings. He simply demonstrated the technique by squirting my kids and me with the cow’s milk. This left Zach crying that the cow had peed on him. After some hesitation and fear, I took over. And as was promised milk was delivered. “Mama” was most patient with my  loud squealing and general  misuse of her mammaries.  For her patience, “Mama” was returned to her calf and rewarded with bread. For my hard work and diligence, I was rewarded with a half a cup of milk and shit covered flip flops.  
"Mama"

2 comments:

  1. Never wear flip-flops to a farm. Boots only are the best. You have a long way to go to become a milkmaid. You made Marlon feel very good when you said during his lesson, "Wow, you are great at this." Farmers need all the appreciation they can get. I lived on a dairy farm in my other life and never did get the hang of it. !!I fled the farm leaving behind cows, chickens,calves, turkeys, donkeys,a Fleetwood mobile home, and a farmer I had feel out of favor with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did You get some pickled okra?

    ReplyDelete