Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 48: Purchase XM radio for the car

I finally registered my vehicle for XM radio before leaving Atlanta. The additional 180 channels made the return trip seemingly quicker. I enjoyed watching Ansley scan through the channels and mark her favorites which included Radio Disney.  Her snubbing of the  70's and 60's music was accompanied by a laugh and a "seriously?" She was most surprised that I knew the words to the Weezer remake: "You Might Think." I explained to her that years ago there was a band called The Cars. After five hours in the car with my remarkably savvy ten year old, I now feel confident enough to hold a conversation about Selena Gomez and Justin Beiber, an upcoming new series called Ant Farm, why Willow Smith is undeserving of fame, and what makes Lady Gaga the weirdest person on the planet. I only wished the trip whad been  longer. 
Ansley: The neatest kid I know

No comments:

Post a Comment