Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 106: Refuse to let summer vacation end

 I leave the summer satisfied that I did most of what I set out to do. I milked a cow, rode a horse, zip lined, danced in the sand, took a pontoon boat to see the Blue Angels, studied the stars, watched a dozen beautiful sunsets, read books, joined a club, tried a few new things, and quite a few old things. I played and laughed and snuggled and hugged and cherished mine.  I picked up sea shells, cleared the undergrowth, made it to two miles, and slept in a lot. I watched my kids catch cat fish off the pier and shoot bottle rockets in to the hot July sky. I never once complained about the rain, the heat, the drought, the time, or the bugs. I emptied bottles of sunscreen, bug spray, and beer. We ate good and slept good and felt good. It was a near perfect summer that doesn’t end when the school bell rings tomorrow. For there is still much that has to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment