Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day Three: Send a card in the mail

Having to return to work, made seeking personal growth and enlightenment a little more difficult. Awareness and reflection were hardly possible in the midst of the unceasing demands of 115 teenagers. I was, however,  able to send a few Hallmark cards in the mail to a few deserving people. One of my goals is to raise my red  mail flag at least once a week. Everyone likes to get a letter or card in their mailbox.
At the end of the day, I read a 1987 edition of National Geographic and made a mental note to learn more about Josephine Baker and Colette (both in Paris).
363 more things to do before my next birthday. With work and our weekend plans, I dont thnk I will be riding the mechanical bull before the month ends. But the cards are in the mail!

3 comments:

  1. Simply put:One can NEVER discover without exploration. Thanks for taking us on your journey and inspiring us in the process. Oh, the things we will see and the places we will go!What a way to spend days.....as well as a life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josephine Baker adopted kids from all over the world like Angelina Jole...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea of writing cards. We've gotten away from such a beautiful form of communication. I finally began reading a book tiled, "365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude." It became available just after Christmas. He mentions the impact of a well written letter on nice stationary can have on people. Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete