Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Day Five: Provide Encourgement

After a long two weeks of assignments, tests, and project due dates I was able to take time to return work to students. It was the last class of the day before the last month of school today as the two students passed out mounds of graded work. The students eagerly surveyed their work and the grades they had received. Among the chaos, I happened to hear one student say aloud, "Im so proud of myself." All of the papers she had returned to her were marked with positive comments and smily faces. I realized on this hectic spring afternoon, that these kids need and thrive on my feedback. Sometimes I forget that they need this positive reinforcement, and today I made one deserving student feel proud. And that is why I do it. Everyone likes a smily face when they did a good job. :)

2 comments:

  1. Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it. Happy you are doing some "slowing", super-smiling, as well as super-seeing. You are inspiring many now. Thanks

    ReplyDelete