Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 168: Go to the Circus

“Keep the circus going inside you, keep it going, don't take anything too seriously, it'll all work out in the end.”
I love the circus. I love the freakish semi dirty nomadic carnies that bring this spectacular show to me. I love watching the Mexicans balance trays of popcorn and coke on their heads as they waltz through the stands announcing the prices. I love the pink and purple died poodles that dance on their hind legs. I love the half drugged and seemingly depressed wild animals, especially the white tigers that seem humiliated.  I love the vagabond clowns that taunt the audience with their flawless Chaplin inspired routines. I love the commanders of the trapeze that glide through the air seductively and effortlessly.  I love the motorcycles that roar magically through the iron cage and I love that little wiry man who has made it his life’s career to end the show by being thrust out of a cannon into a net . But my favorite part of the circus, is seeing my kids sit spell bound at  what is truly the “greatest show on earth.”



No comments:

Post a Comment